Enter to win Sencha Green Tea Shots
It’s a New Year and, like most people, I’m thinking about changes I want to make. Most of mine are health related. I had some blood work done at the end of the year and my cholesterol was high. That’s odd for a vegetarian, so in addition to watching what I eat, I have made the resolution to:
- Lose weight. It’s a great way to lower cholesterol.
- Drink fewer diet drinks. They are loaded with artificial sweeteners. While they are calorie free, I am trying to go with a more natural diet.
- Drink less coffee. I love coffee, however, I simply have to have a ton of cream with it. Cream is high in calories and cholesterol. Therefore, I should probably avoid it in order to achieve both the overall goal of losing weight and lowering my numbers.
- Exercise more often. Too many times, I find myself just sitting in front of the computer. Yes, I am working, but it’s taking a toll. My backside is getting “too big for my britches” as my grandma used to say. I guess it’s time to activate that dormant gym membership and get back into my yoga classes again.
- Incorporate more healthy foods. I am a vegetarian, but many times, I find myself eating convenience foods and junk foods.
Of course, if I replace all that diet soda and coffee, I need something else to replace it with. Water gets boring after a while and, frankly, I love flavor.
This past week, I was sent two Sencha Green Tea Shots from ITO EN. In Japan, Sencha means Green Tea. The samples I received were Oolong and Sencha.
The Sencha and Oolong tea shots are unsweetened and have a very bold flavor. It’s unlike the green and oolong teas I have had in bags that I make myself. Those are usually very mild and have even, on occasion tasted almost like water. Personally, I prefer the bolder tea in these shots. I did add a little Stevia to sweeten it up a bit, however. These Sencha shots from IT EN were strong, bold and invigorating. It was like wake-up juice in a shot! The Oolong wasn’t as strong as the Sencha, so if you prefer something milder, that would probably be the one for you.
These teas are loaded with152 millgrams of the powerful tea polyhenol-Catechin, antioxidants that help maintain a healthy heart and neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. You can’t say that about diet soda. If you are interested in trying some for yourself, they have generously given me a code for you guys to get 20% off on either the Sencha, Oolong or Fibershot. Just use NewU13 at checkout. They also have a store locator so you can find which of your local stores carries it.
Here are some additional tips direct from ITO EN so you can have a Healthier You in 2013.
ITO EN isn’t just about the health of people though. They are also about the health of the environment. In addition to reducing the weight of their plastic bottles, they also recycle all their used tea leaves into park benches, uniforms, pens and other items. They also work to eliminate poverty in developing countries. Their award winning ecological programs are impressive.
You can also learn more about them on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter.
NOTE: If you don’t leave a comment in the comments below, your entry will be deleted. Be sure to enter to win below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.