Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner Review and Contest
*THIS GIVEAWAY AND COUPON ARE EXPIRED – BUT THE REVIEW STILL STANDS*
Before I even get started, I wanted to let you know that Scrubbing Bubbles is hosting a “One Step” dance video contest. It’s really easy to enter as well. If you win, you get $2500 gift card and bathroom makeover consultation! Nice prize. They also have a 4.00 coupon good on Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl cleaner. So hop on over and enter the One Step Dance video contest
You say I am lazy about house cleaning like it’s a bad thing. I cannot really be the only person in the world that wishes cleaning would be easier. Doesn’t everyone just love scrubbing their bathroom? Especially the toilet? I, for one, can vouch for the fact that I absolutely despise cleaning the bathroom toilet. That’s why I was so eager to try the new Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner when BzzAgent offered me the opportunity to review it for you.
I can say that, for the most part, this is a great product. Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl cleaner is simple to use. That is a plus in my book. I have four kids, work from home and frequently entertain friends. Obviously, I don’t have time to fiddle with a product to make it do what it’s supposed to do. I want something that simplifies my cleaning routine – not a product that complicates it.
Here’s how easy it is to use.
- You assemble the product. It’s not as scary as it seems. You basically snap the can into place on the foot pedal device.
- You attach the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl cleaning wand to the side of the toilet. It has a suction cup that goes on the outside of the rim and the sprayer goes inside the rim.
- Slide the optional sleeve over the can. It isn’t necessary for the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner to work, but it blends with the decor of the bathroom better.
- Step on the pedal for one second. The spray will coat the bowl.
- Here’s the hard part – walk away. That easy – in one second a day, your toilet will be clean.
What did I like about it?
- Scrubbing Bubbles brand. Ok, ok – It’s nostalgia. My mom used it when I was a kid and I always loved the commercials with the little bubble characters swirling down the tub.
- Ease of use – wow! In just one second (count them, One! – The Count on Sesame street would be disappointed with that walk-on role), my toilet bowl is being cleaned and disinfected. No scrubbing – you just step on the pedal.
- Fragrance. Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner smells slightly sweet and fresh. Scrubbing Bubbles calls it Fresh Mountain Morning. It’s not overpowering – but it does make the bathroom smell clean. Let’s face it. There are worse smells to be found in a bathroom.
- Love the sleeve that goes over the can. The sleeve hides the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner can so it blends better with the bathroom.
- 360 degree spray. It even sprays under the rim. It completely coats the toilet.
- Long lasting – One can, when used as directed (one second spray twice a day), will last a month.
- No Batteries – yep – it’s totally person powered – but it is still very easy to use.
What didn’t I like?
- Messy. Watch the video instructions I made. When it sprays, you can see that it sprays all over the top of the toilet. If you put the lid down, it’s not so bad, but some of the product does spray on the seat and requires a quick wipe. That’s not as bad as having to scrub down the whole toilet, but it sprayed so far out of the toilet that it got my shower curtain in the process.
- How to know when to replace it without examining the can. As I said, I have four kids. I’m pretty busy. It would be handy if there a visual reminder on the white sleeve reminding you when to purchase the refill. For the time being, I just write the date in sharpie on the back of the white sleeve. I’m hoping when I go to purchase the refill that it comes with another white sleeve or that’s not going to last for long. It doesn’t make or break the Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner- it would just be a nice bonus.
- Mark the date so you remember to buy your refill.
- Use it twice a day. I found it easy to remember to use Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner when I brushed my teeth. I do that at least twice a day – once when I get up and once before bedtime – so it’s just a natural extension of my bedtime routine since I am already in the bathroom anyway.
If my written instructions weren’t clear, here is a video I made to help demonstrate how easy it is to use Scrubbing Bubbles One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner.